One serving of these equals one serving of carbohydrates. Make sure you monitor your portion size, otherwise the exchange is not even!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup canned lite coconut milk
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all natural cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate morsels (or substitute slivered raw almonds, chopped pecans, dried cherries or raisins)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly coat baking sheet with spray, then set aside.
Combine coconut oil, applesauce, maple syrup and coconut milk in a medium bowl; mix well.
Combine cocnut flour, whole wheat flour, and cocoa powder in a small bowl; mix well.
Add flour mixture to applesauce mixture; mix until well blended.
Add morsels; mix until blended.
Drop by heaping TBSP onto prepared backing sheet. Bake for 12 min or until firm.
**Tip for gluten free version, substitute 1/3 cup brown rice flour for whole wheat flour.